Overview Of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration teaches you skills to help you excel in your job as an SQL Server 2012 database administrator. The course explores the real-world tasks and scenarios you’ll face as a SQL Server database administrator. It also shows you how to handle them. Starting from designing and implementing database solutions with SQL Server 2012 to querying. Not only that but repairing data, maintaining high availability, and managing always-on technology. This course also serves as an ideal resource for those preparing for their MCSA: SQL Server 2012 certification.
The course will have major changes throughout the SQL Server and will impact how DBAs administer the database. With this in mind, a team of well-known SQL Server experts introduces the many new features of the most recent version of SQL Server. Explanations has also been given on how these changes will affect the methods that administrators have been using for years. Loaded with unique tips, tricks, and workarounds for handling the most difficult SQL Server admin issues, this how-to guide deciphers topics such as performance tuning, backup and recovery, scaling and replication, clustering, and security.
- Serves as a must-have how-to guide on the new features of the 2012 release of Microsoft SQL Server
- Walks you through ways to manage and monitor SQL Server and automate administration
- Guides you through SQL Azure for cloud computing, data replication, and data warehouse performance improvements
- Addresses client-connectivity enhancements, new features that ensure high availability of mission-critical applications, and tighter integration with Excel and SharePoint for data analysis and reporting
- Highlights major changes to the suite of SQL Server BI tools, including integration, reporting, and analysis services
- Includes real-world case examples and best practices from Microsoft insiders.
Who This Course Is For
If you’re a database administrator eager to get started with the newest version of SQL Server, then this course is essential.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2012
- Design, implement, and effectively manage database solutions
- Learn basic and advanced querying techniques
- Understand triggers, stored procedures, and indexing
- Standardize, automate, and update jobs, operators, and alerts
- Monitor and manage a SQL Server cluster and learn mirroring
- Initiate backup and restore, and learn security best practices
- Plan for high availability, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- Discover how to clean data and improve data quality
An ideal supplement to help you prepare for:Exams 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012,Exam 70-462: Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database and Exam 70-463: Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Prepare for the Microsoft MCSE/MCSA SQL Server 2012 certification exam with the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration (70-461,70-462, & 70-463) course. The course completely covers SQL Server 2012 70-461, 70-462, and 70-463 exam objectives and will help you master the skills required to manage, and troubleshoot network protocols and services; and configure, manage, and troubleshoot security.