In Administering Microsoft SQL Databases, you will learn the skills required to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2014 database. This will be done by:
- focusing on data storage
- backup and restoration
- importing and exporting data
- database maintenance
- SQL Server Agent
Administering Microsoft SQL Databases incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-462 and along with on-the-job experience, helps you prepare for the exam.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Likewise, already having experience in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications like Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL.
Who Administering Microsoft SQL Databases is for:
- Anyone wanting to test their knowledge before taking the official Microsoft 70-462 exam.
- This exam is intended for database professionals who perform installation, maintenance, and configuration tasks. Other responsibilities include setting up database systems, making sure those systems operate efficiently, and regularly storing, backing up, and securing data from unauthorized access.
This exam is for SQL Server 2012 and 2014 focusing on Administering SQL Server.
This exam is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Prepare for the Microsoft MCSA 70-462 certification exam with the Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases course and lab. The lab can be mapped to any course, textbook, or training, therefore, adding value and hands-on components to training. The course and lab provide complete coverage of the MCSA 70-462 exam objectives and will help you master the skills required for:
- installing SQL server
- implementing migration strategies
- configuring SQL server components
- managing SQL server
- managing and configuring databases
- collecting and analyzing troubleshooting data
- restoring databases
- implementing and maintaining indexes
- managing database security
- troubleshooting security
- implementing replication.